Say goodbye to that razor burn with our new Oatmeal, Shea Butter, Avocado Oil & Tea Tree Shaving Soap Bar for men and women.
SLS Free, Made in UK & Wrapped In Recycled Paper.(Full description below)
Warning: Limited Stock Available !!
Travelling with your Amica Bar? Then grab our handy Travel Tin, suitable for all our bars.
Combining natural, soothing and moisturising ingredients such as Shea Butter, Avocado Oil, Aloe Vera, Sustainable Vegetable Glycerin, Oatmeal & Organic Coconut Oil, you'll wonder how your skin ever managed without it. Not only do our bars offer your skin a great deal more protection than foam or gel whilst you shave, but our bars don't contain all the nasty chemicals and detergents often found in commercial products.
Additionally, whilst foam and gel is known to clog razors and impede their effectiveness, our bars are soluble which means they won't reduce the life of your razors prematurely.
Use the bar directly on your hands to build a lather/cream, or directly on your skin or with a shaving brush, the choice is yours.
This listing is for x1 bar at approximately 90g and is wrapped in 100% recyclable paper. Choose to receive your order using our standard jiffy envelopes or you can upgrade to 100% recyclable card envelopes at the checkout.
If you plan to store our bars whilst still in it's wrapper, it is important you do so in a cool, dry environment to avoid the soap 'sweating' through the recycled paper.
Aqua, Sustainably Sourced Vegetable Glycerin, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Powder, Oatmeal, Avocado Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laurate, Tea Tree Essential Oil
How To Use
We understand everyone has their own way of shaving, but we get asked regularly in respect to the best way to shave using our bars, so here's our tips.
1. Wet the area you intend to shave with warm water, don't be shy, really rub the skin with warm water!
2. Immerse the bar in the same warm water and either rub it between your hands or directly onto the area you intend to shave and work up a lather. You can also use a shaving brush directly on the bar if you have one.
3. Once you have a lather, vigorously rub the lather into the skin, spreading it evenly. The lather should be creamy, not bubbly, use more to achieve a creamy lather if need be.
4. Use your favourite razor (not blunt obviously) and shave in the direction the hairs grow. We can't recommend that you shave against the grain, but if it works for you then cushti !!. Do be aware however, that shaving against the grain can cause in-growing hairs and contribute to razor burn. If you shave twice, with the grain then against the grain, always re-apply more lather after the first shave.
5. Once done, rinse your face with warm water, but slightly cooler than before your shave. This helps close the pores in your skin and lock in the moisturising properties of the lather.
6. Go find your partner, and insist they feel your skin (steady!!) to the point they completely and utterly agree that it's the best thing they have ever felt in their life and your skin has never felt so soft and supple - no really, INSIST they agree.
7. If you don't have a partner, crack open a bottle of wine or beer, slip into your PJ's, put on your favourite film and feel absolutely free to sit and marvel on how soft, supple and moisturised your skin feels (don't worry about all those couples in step 6, it's over rated anyhow!!).
Great Shaving Bar
I've never used a shaving bar before because I thought it would be a hassle, but a quick contact to Amica Soap and Helen gave me great advice and since using it my skin has been ultra smooth with no rash or irritation whatsoever. It gives a great shave too and has lasted much much longer than a tin of shaving gel would. Only thing I would point out is that when the bar is near the end it can be quite rough on the skin with the built up of oatmeal, but other than that 5 stars from me :)
I have caught myself every two weeks throwing away a full bag of empty plastic shampoo/ shower cream bottles. But now I’m so grateful I found Amica soaps. This shaving bar last me so long, I have been using it for 4 weeks now and it even didn’t get smaller. As well I have sensitive skin specially after shaving would get red dots all over my legs. But with this shaving soap there is no problem any more!!! My skin looks so healthy and glowing after shaving!! No more itchy or painful irritated skin!!! Thank you Amica you made my life easier!! Plus I save so much money wise, my health wise and specially Environment!!! No more Plastic around my bath.
First shaving bar and was looking for a product that would last a bit longer than my gel and to reduce the amount of chemicals I used and wasn't disappointed. I shave very quickly purely because I can't be bothered with shaving so the quicker I'm done the better, and usually I end up raw but with this bar there was no after burn. Face feels really smooth and moisturised and the shave was a great deal better than with my gel, it clearly offers more protection for the skin too as zero cuts. Like others, I just used it directly on my face to gain a lather, rubbed it in and shaved, all done in a minute flat, would highly recommend and will be buying again.
Lovely product, works very well
Used this once and the difference is very noticeable, looks like it will last for ages too. Biggest difference is the end result, it helped my shave and although I did have a nick it was likely my fault as I hate shaving and usually do it too fast but after I shaved my skin felt fantastic and usually I'd have to throw balm all over my face to calm my skin down but not with this, it literally felt as though I hadn't shaved at all but noticeably close shave and no razor clog, means I shave even quicker now which is a 5 star for me.
Nice shaving bar
Bought this for my husband who tells me it works well, he just uses the bar straight on his face and works up the lather that way, shaves well and his face is noticeably smoother afterwards. I tried it on my legs too and it is very moisturising, can't really say it works any better than shaving gel or other products but def leaves skin much softer than other products, but I like that it doesn't contain all the usual stuff that other products do which is probably why it leaves skin smoother.
Probably like most men I've used lots of products to shave with and always hated shaving purely because I have sensitive skin and have always felt raw and dried out afterwards but I've used this bar twice to shave now and can feel the difference. I just wet the bar and rubbed it directly onto my face, spread the lather with my hands and went for it, normally I shave with and against the grain but was advised to not shave against the grain and I have to say my shave is just as good with this bar shaving only with the grain as it's been with other products shaving against the grain!. Bug difference is after shaving, no raw feeling anymore and I've just used the excess lather to wash my face, 2 jobs done in one!